When a cornice exceeds certain dimensions the removal requires more pressure, which at times can reach over 200 kg. The pressure applied to remove polystyrene formworks should be constant and prolonged because to avoid a vacuum effect. Arbloc recommends their customers to use the system illustrated in this page when the cornice to be produced should protrude over 60 cm or implies difficulties with contours such as modillion brackets.
1. Sink a metal rod into the concrete at the middle part of each element, leaving it protrude out out by at east 60 cm
2. Place a wooden beam at least 2 m long over the upper part of the mold for the purpose of exercising pressure over the entire mold.
3. Place a second beam crosswise in such a way that the metal rod crosses through it.
4. Act with a tensioner on the metal rod and apply a gradual, constant downward pressure. In more difficult situations wait a few seconds to allow the air to penetrate and eliminate the vacuum.
5. In the case of large molds we recommend you use a beam at least 20 cm thick.
6. With corner elements exercise pressure only on one side.